2015-16 has been yet another successful trading year for Maxgear Limited in the UK and Ireland. Our market-leading cycle equipment (VELOCHAMPION) and custom sports clothing (CHAMPION SYSTEM) Brands have experienced significant growth across our multiple sales channels. The business is now ready to move forward with ambitious expansion plans to grow its market share in the UK and across International Markets. To maximise the opportunities this provides, we are seeking to appoint a professional new recruit to manage our Purchasing and Stock Planning activities. If you have the desire to succeed then this is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join a market leader in the sports industry.
This newly created role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s Purchasing and Stock operations. He or she will ensure that the right product is at the right place in the supply chain, in the right quantity, through an efficient and error-free process. This will include the proactive analysis of stock and related demand patterns.
- Manage the overall process of purchasing products from a global supply base to fulfil customer demand according to set targets within the business;
- Co-ordinate all inbound and outbound shipments via email, telephone and Cloud based systems, working towards strict timetables;
- Ensure import and export consignments are scheduled on a timely basis from the suppliers and booked with the Freight Forwarder;
- Facilitate and maintain successful relationships with Product Suppliers, Freight Forwarders and Order Fulfilment providers;
- On-going review of our internal procedures and also relationships with suppliers, to improve efficiency and profitability in the end to end purchasing process;
- Perform regular analysis, reconciliations, problem solving and progress chasing of all shipments;
- Manage and drive forward Stock Planning based on sales volumes across multiple online channels;
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports including metrics, KPI reports and financial reports;
- Liaise with Company Directors through meetings and reports on all active shipments and stock levels.
Core Competencies & Experience:
- Educated to Degree level, you will have at least 3 years’ experience within a similar role in Industry / Commerce;
- Working knowledge of the logistics industry and ideally the sporting goods sector;
- A general financial planning and analysis background would also be advantageous for this role;
- Experience of dealing with suppliers based in Asia;
- Management of a large and fast-growing range of consumer products;
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Articulate, creative and self-motivated, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a good, practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications - specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with details of your current salary, notice period and a covering letter. The deadline for applications is Friday 10 June 2016.
All applications treated with the strictest of confidence. Maxgear Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.